We’ve been here before and we can do it again. Level three, while still restrictive, means we can get back out in to the community and support our buyers and sellers a bit better.
Inspections & Viewings
- Visits to a property are limited to a total of two visits per property per day, whether from prospective buyers or professionals.
- You may not travel between regions to view a property during level 3.
- In the case of visits that are private viewings, there should be no more than two prospective buyers from the same extended bubble and the agent at the viewing.
- Any visitors to a property must wear a face covering, maintain a 2m distance and check in with the COVID-19 tracer app. Your agent will help provide and enforce these.
- Property inspectors, valuers, engineers and tradespeople can visit properties at alert level 3 to help with meeting buyer conditions for finance and pre-settlement, in compliance with public health and industry-specific guidance. Professionals also count toward the total of two visits per day.
- Our agents can conduct in person property appraisals during level three. Get in touch with your preferred Ray White agent if this is something you would like.
Changing the conditional period or settlement date
If both parties agree, the conditional period can be extended, and/or the settlement date can be postponed, until your region or the buyer’s region moves to alert level 1 or alert level 2.
Talk to your lawyer about the best approach for your situation. The majority of firms and agents are working remotely, however you should be prepared for delays.
Completing settlement and moving
- Settlement and moving can go ahead at alert level 3. House movers can work at alert level 3, so buyers and sellers can move house if they follow the government guidance on the COVID-19 website.
- Travel into, out of, and through a region at alert level 3 is heavily restricted. So you may need to provide evidence of the purpose of your travel.
- Your agent will arrange for sanitised keys to be provided with no physical contact between any party.
If you have any questions further to the above, please do not hesitate to get in touch with any of the team at Ray White Hawke’s Bay. We are working from home and ready to support our community during these times.